Marshmallow Cobweb Cupcakes {Recipe}

10:00


With Halloween just a week away I'd say it definitely time to start thinking about what spooky Halloween themed treats you will be making. I deliberating long and hard over what kind of cupcakes to make, I spent hours on pinterest trying to find ideas that would inspire me, alas I was coming up short, especially as I wanted something original.

So I present to you my recipe for:
Marshmallow Cobweb Cupcakes
-Chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate chunks, chocolate  butter cream frosting and marshmallow decoration.

Recipe:

Cake Mix:
115g Butter
112g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
225g Self-raising flour
45g coco powder
100ml Milk

Frosting:
150g unsalted butter (room temperature)
250g icing sugar
50g coco powder
5 tablespoons Milk

Decoration:
180g Marshmallows (melted)

Make 12

Method:

Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 7/200C/400F
Place Halloween themed cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray.

1. Add your butter to a bowl and cream a little so that it softens. Add in your caster sugar and cream together.
2. Add in your eggs and mix- it'll look a little disgusting at this point.
3. Sift in your flour and mix in (I added mine in at about 50g at the time and mix, only because I have a little pink sieve, but I have found it distributes the flour better.
4. Once your flour is mixed in, add your coco about 10-15g at a time, adding about a quarter of your milk for the batter and combine. Keep doing this until you've used all the coco and milk.
5. Mix in your white chocolate chunks.
6. Even divide your batter between your cupcake cases.
7. Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on how good your oven is, it took mine closer to 35 minutes, because our oven is never as hot as it is meant to be).



8. In another bowl, add your unsalted butter and cream a little (I had to stick mine in the microwave for a few seconds as it just wasn't getting any softer).
9. In a separate bowl sift together your icing sugar and coco powder.
10. Add about a fifth of the icing sugar/coco powder mix to your unsalted butter and combine, then add one of your 5 tablespoons of milk and combine. Keep alternating until you have used all the powder mix.



11. Once your cupcakes have cooled you can add your chocolate butter cream frosting to the top, don't worry about it being neat as it will mostly be hidden by the "cobwebs".
12. You have to allow your cupcakes to completely cool, otherwise the marshmallow will melt the butter cream (I left mine in the fridge for about 6 hours while I went to work).



13. When your cupcakes are cool and you are ready to add your decoration, place your marshmallows in a microwavable bowl and microwave on the minimum heat for about a minute, take out and stir and put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds if it hasn't melted enough, you don't want them to burn so keep an eye on them.
14. To decorate with melted marshmallow you want to scoop up about half a tablespoon of marshmallow and place it on top of the frosting, slightly off centre. Then with a cocktail sausage stick or another similar utensil, you can start pulling at the marshmallow, bringing it down to stick to the cupcake cases.

Tip: You may need to re-microwave your marshmallows after every couple of cupcakes as it's easier to work with while it's warmer. Also if you have any marshmallow left over you can pull up a stringy bit with your cocktail sausage stick to add some more intricate cobwebs to your cupcakes.



This can be quite a messy baking experience, but it's lot of fun and they taste yummy!
Just get ready to have every single finger covered in marshmallows!

If you have a go at these spooky marshmallow cobweb cupcakes, please let me know how you get on,

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe