First Day of {University}

14:58

Monday was my first day of university; how scary is that.
It bloody was scary, I'd spent the 2 weeks before hand in tears, stressing about this and that, so Dan being lovely said he'd come with me on my first day. Remember how I said that Dan and I were planning to move to Preston before I started uni (my university is the University of Central Lancashire, so it's based in Preston), well that didn't happen, so I got a rather expensive bus pass to get me to and from uni, and the bus pass being all expensive and posh meant I accidentally got on a bus that took me to the middle of nowhere, can't say I enjoyed that little adventure (I've had a massive bar of maltesers teasers bar to calm me down). When I get on the right bus the journey isn't that bad, it only takes 30-40 minutes and then my building is only about a 12 minute walk away, although that is still enjoy time for my feet/shoes and hair to get completely soaked when it rains, like it has everyday that I've had to be in this week.


Although Freshers Week is meant to be all about getting an introduction to your course and partying like there is no tomorrow, I feel slightly out of it, I can't go out, because one I'd have no way of getting home, but even if I did, I don't have any money to go out with. Which brings me to my second point; why so far I'm finding my course very frustrating! Before term started we were sent a long and extensive list of all the equipment and books we had to buy and now that we've started they've decided to add more things to the list, or decided they weren't going to be specific on the list, so people end up buying the wrong thing! I have pretty much officially run out of money, so I can't be buying all this extra stuff, believe it or not but I need money to buy food, I may not be the skinniest person in the world, but starving myself because I've had to buy more equipment doesn't really seem fair to me. Also because Student Finance are idiots, they messed up my grant and stuff, so I was waiting to be sent a new declaration, but now that my Dad has phoned up they said just sent off the one you already have and we'll send you a new one for your grant, well thank you, that's really helpful, I'll just be penniless for a little but longer than shall I?
However, today we were given our introduction to our first ever proper project (we had to make a "hat" over the summer holiday), so that should be exciting, it's entitled "Fashion Synthesis", which is mostly teaching us the process of design, taking inspiration and merging ideas, so this project is based in our sketchbooks and on mount boards, we don't actually get to make anything, but we are attending pattern cutting, photoshop, illustration and sewing classes as well. As well as Design History lectures, which I'm quite looking forward to.

But putting all the present frustrations aside I just need to remember that:
I am officially a Fashion Design Student!
yay!

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe