BooHoo Competition {Uni}

22:26

As part of my University course we have to complete about 48 weeks working at a placement within the fashion industry. Both daunting and exciting at the same time. And somewhat stressful, as because of my life style and circumstances, I need a paid internship that is a drivable distance from my current house. 
So when my Dad gave me the business card of the International Marketing Manager of Boohoo.com I was delighted, however my delight was short lived, as once I had spoken to the relevant people at Boohoo, I was told that their internship had to be won! Not just through interviews, but through a competition, which was rather annoying, because while I knew that I had a chance, I was unable to start any work for it, as it was had not been announced to the rest of the country.
The first stage of the competition was to research three possible trends for the Fall/ Winter 2015-16 collections and present them on a series of 6 pages. And because I really wanted it, I did three possible designs for each trend.








I can never decide which of the trends were my favourite, but it's definitely between the knit wear based trend the the digital print based trend. In fact, I would love it if the would produce my final dress design. However, they can't, as although I got through this stage of the competition, I did not get through thee second (making a video about yourself), so if they make the dress and don't pay me for the design, I won't be a very happy bunny.

And although I didn't get the placement (which I was very upset about), I did really enjoy doing this mini project for them, as it was the first thing I'd done while at Uni that wasn't a guided project.
These pages have all been redone now so that I can put them into my portfolio, I must say they look a lot more sophisticated and contemporary now.

I hope that everyone else likes my designs as well.

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe