The Show Must Go on...

21:47

I have finally finished my January book! Drum Roll Please, it was 'Maskerade' by Terry Pratchett. 
Terry Pratchett is a Genius!
I first started reading Terry Pratchett books about 3 years ago, my Mum is obsessed with his books, we have every one ever published, a couple of which are signed and she got tired of telling me what happened, so I had to go and read them for myself and I'm so glad I did. He writes in such a way that will mesmerise the reader and although the plots can occasionally be confusing, it only intrigues me more. There are so many characters across the 'Discworld' series and yet you can't help but becoming attached to every single one.
My favourite characters are Sam Vimes and Death!

       


Because my writing skills can't, in any way possible, do this book justice, I shall supply you with the blurb:
"THE SHOW MUST GO ON, AS MURDER,

MUSIC AND MAYHEM RUN RIOT INTO THE NIGHT...

The Opera House, Ankh-Morpork...a huge, rambling
building, where innocent young sopranos are lured to 
their destiny by a strangely-familiar evil mastermind
in a hideously-deformed evening dress...

At least, he hopes so. But Granny Weatherwax,
 Discworld's most famous witch, is in the audience.
And she doesn't hold with that sort of thing.

So there's going to be trouble (but nevertheless a
good evening's entertainment with murders you
can really hum...)"


Some of my Favourite Quotes from this book are:

"Greebo could, in fact, commit sexual harrassment simply by sitting very quietly in the next room."
I'll just say that Greebo is a cat! A cat that turns into a human when the witches tell him to, because one day they were really nice and decided to experiment on poor Greebo. However Greebo makes a very sexy and dangerous human...

"Yes, she thought, it has to go on. It's like the build-up to a thunderstorm...no...it's more like making love. Yes. That's a far more Oggish metaphor. You put everything you've got into it, so sooner or later there's a point where it's got to go on, because you can't image stopping."
I just love this quote because of the witch's dirty mind, she has a sexy cat and she definitely is not an innocent old lady.


Now to start on my next book, hopefully I will finish it in the next 13 days, wish me luck!
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe