Tate Workshop

10:30

(This post is copied from my reflective journal blog for my Final Major Project, but as I can't have any comments on it, I've decided to spare it here too).


On the 7th March, Esther and I went for a workshop at the Tate Liverpool with Jennifer Collier.
We started off the morning by looking through her portfolio, most of which I had seen before as I have researched her for previous projects, which made the whole experience very exciting for me; meeting an artist who's work I like so much.
We then did a couple of techniques that she uses in her work, most of which I had used before, like trapping things in teabags and using wax.
All of the little samples we made went towards making a little "sketchbook", made in the style of her work.
We then went to have a look at the Glam exhibition as that is what our afternoons work would be based on, however we didn't have much time to look around, so I couldn't find much inspiration for my FMP, but we were given an open ticket to the exhibition so I will definitely be going again to have a good look around and hopefully I shall find something relevant or inspirational.

I look terrible.

Although I don't think any of the techniques will be relevant in my project it was still a wonderful opportunity and a great experience; working with a current and contemporary artists.

(I was so amazing starstruck, originally I couldn't go to the workshop, but then plans changed and I was available, so I could go, yay).

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe