Pink Vanilla Swirl Mini Cupcakes!

17:25



Today after being extremely lazy and not waking up until 10:36, which is very late for me! And then I didn't get out of bed until about 12, my boyfriend works from home so having any motivation to actually get out of bed is limited! When I eventually did get up I decided I wanted to actually do something with my day and it's been a while since I've made cakes (since my boyfriend's birthday in fact). So I decided to make cakes; yay!

Pink Vanilla Swirl Mini Cupcakes

Ingredients:
150g of margarine (softened)
150g of caster sugar
2 eggs
200g self-raising flour
milk
vanilla essence
red food colouring

Decoration:
butter (softened)
icing sugar
vanilla essence
galaxy chocolate (or which ever brand you prefer)
Makes 12

Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4

Recipe:
1.
Cream together the margarine and sugar.
2.
Add the eggs and mix together.
3.
Sift in the flour and mix together.
4.
Add the milk and mix in until a cakey consistency is reached.
(What a terrible way of putting it but you know what I mean).
5.
Seperate the mixture into 2 bowls, add vanilla essence to one bowl and the red food colouring to the other bowl, use as much as you want until you achieve a nice pink colour, or red if that's what you want.
6.
First add a teaspoon full of white/cream mixture to each cupcake case.
7.
Then add a teaspoon of pink mixture to each case, (you can keep adding the mixture to the cases if you have extra).
8.
Once you have used all of your mixture, use the end of a teaspoon to swirl the mixtures together.
9.
Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, I checked mine after 10 just because our oven is crazy and burns the bottom really easily.
Once you have taken them out of the oven, let them cool for a little bit, then remove them from the cases (this is easier said then done if you used silicon cases like me, otherwise you can just keep them in the cases, although the cakes look extra small, because they are mini ones).
10.
Butter cream: add you softened butter to a bowl and add as much icing sugar as you like, begin to combine them, then add in a little vanilla extract and continue mixing until you have achieved the consistency and sugar-i-ness that you want.
11.
Once your cupcakes have cooled down you can put the butter cream on the top. I did mine by just dabbing on a teaspoon of it then spreading it around.
12.
Allow it to set slightly, only slightly, and then grate your chocolate over the top.
13.
You are done now; yay; so eat them if you like.


How cute are they!
I am actually extremely proud of them, they are so tiny and cute and if I ever have a baby shower for a little girl I shall be making these! Me with my big pregnant tummy will make these and lots of them!
(I am just clarifying that I'm not pregnant, that's just for the future).
Now to just make sure my boyfriend doesn't eat them all after dinner.

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little.

You Might Also Like

4 Lovely messages

  1. Those are not only cute but they look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think I may be a little addicted to making cakes!
      xox

      Delete
  2. Aww, thank you so much, I'm glad you like it.
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe