Giles {Designer Day}

19:23


Giles 
Spring Summer 2007

I stumbled upon this Giles collection while on Pinterest. It is said that Giles has always aspired to a Parisian level of couture, but occasionally the execution hasn't always been up to scratch, but with this collection he really kicked it up a notch! What I really loved about this collection in the monochrome theme with hints of beige, and inspired by 60s and the idea of bondage, evident in the prints of Chains and belts, and slightly darker still the skeleton print! The bondage idea can also be seen in the patent spiked stilettos, high necks and patents belts and straps!




What I really love though about this collection is the massive Ostrich feathers, (I'm neither for or against real fur and stuff like that). These vast ostrich hats were designed by Stephen Jones. They are just so impressive that you can't help but stop and look!

"A hat makes clothing identifiable, dramatic and, most importantly, fashion... It's the cherry on the cake, the dot on the 'i', the exclamation mark, the fashion focus. Everyone from showgirls to dictators knows that by wearing a hat they will be centre of attention."
-Stephen Jones

And on that I think we can certainly agree!

I also love the contrast of different shapes within the collection! The white slinky dress is gorgeous, but is massively different than the "ball gown" style dresses. I think the pleated circles is very striking, at first I thought they looked like records. The massive circle connects some of the other shapes within the collection, such as the large floaty shirt in the first image, the massive bishop sleeve style sits wonderfully with the slimmer trousers!

The collection progresses beautifully when you look at it in full, which you can see here!

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe