Mary Katrantzou {Designer Day}

16:30


Mary Katrantzou
Spring Summer 2014

Mary Katrantzou is one of my favourite designers and one of my biggest inspirations for print! I love many of her collections, but since this collections combines two parts of fashion that I love very much; clothes and shoes! I thought it would be a good start and good inspiration for 2016, and a good beginning for the return of my Designer Day series!




"Footwear inspires Mary Katrantzou's Spring Summer 2014 collection, it is a veritable fetish for shoes. Katrantzou rips the shoe apart, reinventing it as a total look. With a whirlwind of technical exploration, she keeps us on our toes. The details of footwear become decorative devices, engineered to outline and define the female form. Brogues suggest highly-polished daywear in structured shapes, sneakers are constructed to create sleek sportswear in neon-bright and evening miles are cocoons of luxurious texture and vibrant print. This is a collection where no two dresses, ironically, form a matching pair"

- www.marykatrantzou.com

I am a sucker for print, so my favourites from this collection are definitely those that feature the brogue prints. At first look the prints are so large that it can be quite impossible to see them for what they are, but any shoe lover would soon recognise the at first abstract print as a wonderful shoe! I also love the simple shapes of the brogue portion of the collection. The simple construction leaves all the admiration for the print. However I do have a special place in my fashion heart for the brogue top and skirt combination, a simple top paired with a pleated skirt. The mix of directions of the pleats just has such a wonderful effect!

Which part of the collection is your favourite?

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe