An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away...

21:45

On a Friday I arrive home about an hour before I have to collect my siblings from School, so I have some spare time to browse the lovely phenomenon that is the Internet. And while looking, I found this, and I was like nom nom nom; I have to make these, without the cheese, because honestly I'm not a dairy person!
So here I've adapted the recipe a bit for a cheese-less tart.

-Apple and Cinnamon Envelopes-
Ingredients:
Puff Pastry
A Big Apple (sliced) 
Butter
Cinnamon
An Egg (beaten- for egg wash)
Flour

(I realise I haven't added any measurements, but it's really just guess work and it depends on how many you want to make. From one block of puff pastry I made 4 decent sized ones (so that's what the method is for).)

Method:
1-
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and grease your baking tray with butter.
2- 
Put flour on your surface and spread with fingers.
3-  
Separate your pastry into 4 sections.
4- 
Roll your first section with a floured rolling pin.
5- 
Add your apple to the centre and sprinkle with cinnamon (you may want a very generous sprinkling because we couldn't really taste it).
6- 
Use your egg to seal the 4 corners on top of one another, like a parcel or envelope.
7- 
Egg wash the top.
8- 
Repeat with the rest of your pastry and apple.
9- 
Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
10- 
Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit.
And Enjoy!






Because I'm a really nice person I sent my friend a picture of the tarts, asking if he is jealous; I'm such a good friend. But they're so easy to make I wouldn't complain about making them for him. He'll just need to ask nicely. 
People, they are seriously yummy and worth the 35 minutes they take to make.
Happy Baking.
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe