Miu Miu {Designer Day}

10:04

Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
designed by Miuccia Prada


This collection was designed and made in the small space of 15 days, but in my opinion you wouldn't know it. The entire collection has a sophisticated girlishness feel to it, with the high waisted skirts, blouses and sweet dresses.

What I find some interesting in this collection is the use of intricate smocking (shown above). Smocking isn't a method I've tried before and have honestly never seen it used for anything else other than a waistband or the back of a bodice, but how it is used here is beautiful, I wouldn't have a clue how you'd even begin to produce it. The dress above is definitely my favourite in this collection; I love the combination of the two cold colours, especially the deep plum purple, always a favourite of mine, and the ruffle at the bottom of the bust adds an extra sweetness, to the cold folksy look.


These types of combinations are the slightly more sophisticated side to the collection, I think that by making the blouses only waist long makes the collection more different, compared to most crop style tops, which are usually bralets or sportswear. Although not every outfit make have an edge of girlishness, it's pieces like the tie cape/shrug that remind us of what some other pieces may lack.


The main colour scheme of the collection may seem to be rather cold, but later on colour was injected turning the sophisticated girlishness into just girlishness in some cases, I love the oxbloods, cherry reds, cerulean blues used, but I think the nudes, whites and blacks play much closer to the rest of the collection, with just a little added sweetness, but example the image above on the left, whereas I think with the image on the right, the combination of colours are a little garish.

Opinions please?

And remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe