Glitter Bowl {DIY}

11:24

So a couple of months ago, when I first got my lovely storage cube for my little office space, I had no where for bits of make-up and nail varnish, so I just had them kind of lined up, but that wasn't very productive in terms of storage and organising! Now, in the Marks and Spencers sale I saw a lovely gold painted bowl, but when I went back to buy it, it was gone! Dun Dun Duhhhh!
So I thought I'd come up with my own version:


You will need:
A couple of tubes of glitter, colour of your choice
PVA glue
A Bowl
A paintbrush (that you don't mind getting ruined
Came to about £4.50 total.


1.
Mix in your glitter into your PVA glue, how much you will need depends on the size of the bowl, I used about half of the bottle.
(I added water to my mixture, as this is what I used to do when I was little and making things, however I strongly suggest not adding any water, as it makes the mixture run and you end up doing about a thousand coats).


2.
Start applying your glitter PVA mixture to the bowl, depending on how much glitter you put in, your mixture may look a little patchy.
3.
Allow to dry (I was rather impatient and got a hair dryer on it). 
4. 
Add another layer of mixture and allow to dry, repeat process until the dried version doesn't look quite so patchy.
5.
Once completely dried, fill with whatever you are trying to tidy away and Voila!


(Mine unfortunately came out a little patchy because I ran out of mixture, but I really love the effect.)
You can find the DIY for the earring display frame here!

This bowl may be a very simple tutorial, but it adds a bit of sparkle to my cube, which is also filled with all my lovely expensive design books.

And remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe