"I am Alive, I can Think..."

21:23

"And No One has the Right to Deny me These Two Realities."

I decided to read this very special book, almost on an impulse. One of my best friends had read it as part of her French A-level, and she being one of the most well-read girls that I know said it was worth a read (obviously not in French as I never would have finished it).


The amazing book that I am talking about is:

'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly'

By
Jean-Dominique Bauby


This book tells the emotionally striking story of Bauby's life after a "massive stroke". I started reading this book without having the faintest idea of what it was about; 30 pages in I decided to read the blurb, only to discover that this is in fact a true story of a very poor unfortunate soul.
Most would think that such a book would mostly have been written as a documentation of his illness, but no, it is a collection of his memories and fantasies, any discussion of his passing days were described in a more poetic way. Possibly because he would spend nights awake, memorising what he wanted to express and say to the world, so that the next day a writer could decipher the special code he used to communicate.
I would recommend this book to anyone, I would predict that it'll pull on anyones' heart strings. 
Once you've read it, you'll truly know how lucky and free you are.
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little.

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely messages

  1. I love that last sentence. Sounds like a great book to make us realize how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, my Mum warned me it was going to make me sad, and in a sense it did, but it also reminded me how luck I am.
      Beth
      xox

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe