Oh Honey, Cakes!

20:24

While wandering around the house aimlessly today (because the weather was being so indecisive, that I couldn't possibly go out) I found my sister in the kitchen, attempting to make some form of cake. What kind of cake she hadn't quite decided so was just throwing random ingredients into a bowl; from previous experience this isn't safe. Like a guardian angel I arrived in the kitchen hoping to salvage the situation. Luckily she had not added any flavourings yet, so we managed to create Honey and Nutmeg Cakes. Originally I wanted to add cinnamon, but we couldn't find any. It's always the way in our house, you want one spice you can't find it, until you need a different one; just infuriating.

Ingredients:
Cake:
  • 150g Sugar
  • 75g Butter
  • 3 Eggs (beaten)
  • 225g Self-Raising Flour
  • Honey
  • Nutmeg
Icing:
  • 200g Icing Sugar
  • 2-3 tbsp Water
  • Vanilla Essence
Method:

1. 
Preheat oven to 180C.
2.
 Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl.
3. 
Add your beaten eggs to the sugar and butter a little at a time, mixing them together.
4. 
Sift the flour into the mixture.
5. 
Add the honey (as much as you like) and a large sprinkling of nutmeg (or cinnamon), combining all ingredients, so the mixture is creamy like proper cake mix.
6. 
Add to your cake cases and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes
7. 
Leave to cool for 15 mins, in the meantime you can make your icing. Put your icing sugar into a clean bowl, add water then the vanilla essence (as much as you like), then mix, adding more icing sugar or water depending on what consistency you want.
8. 
DECORATE!







These were pretty yummy, and if my Mother doesn't want hers later I plan on stuffing it in to my own mouth, because I'm fat! Although I think they would have been better if we had had more honey. I really really love honey, it's just so yummy; I would gladly just sit and eat teaspoon after teaspoon of honey (now I really do sound fat, deary me.). My youngest sister kept having tantrums because there wasn't anything for her to do, however we quickly shut her up, by promising her she would lick the whisk when we were finished. The best bit of cake making is obviously the batter, apart from the actual cake, maybe, just maybe. 
I hope everyone has done something nice this Saturday!
So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely messages

  1. Mmmm they look delicious!
    I have actually become so obsessed with honey lately, having it with practically every breakfast!
    cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been obsessed with honey, I don't even use breakfast as an excuse, just give me a teaspoon!
    I'm following you.
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe