Zuhair Murad {Designer Day}

11:30

Fall 2013 Couture

 This is a designer I discovered not long ago, and I think the collections are absolutely beautiful.

This collection heavily features tattoo style embroidery, flowing fabrics and tree silhouettes, and uses some deep luxurious colours as well as some soft nudes and greys. What I really love about the silhouettes is that they really appear to be tattoo like, belonging to the body, like some deeper connection to body and nature. Especially in terms of the body suit, the entire body is covered in feminine flowers, there is a mix of classy sophistication and mysterious sexiness, which is a big contrast to the extremely elegant gowns. A great combination of these is the garment second down on the right, it has the tight fitting bodysuit but with layers of flowing fabric to add an air of elegance, a slightly more modern piece in the collection.

As well as the embroidery there are many garments that are embellished with crystals and although they are beautiful, I don't like them as much as the delicate tree dresses. It may be because it makes the dresses look the tiniest bit more frumpy than the others, or maybe it's the gathered and pleated fabric that added the extra body.






Some of this designers work definitely reminds me of Elie Saab's collections, although the Saab has more embroidery and less crystals, but I love the work of both designers.

And remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe