Afternoon Baking

22:15

On Wednesday afternoon I was in serious of need of an excuse not to do revision, I just could not face it. So while browsing the internet (one of my distractions) I came across something fascinating on Pinterest. This amazing phenomenon; Doughnut Muffins! This idea captivated me, so I searched the internet for a recipe that wasn't using American measurements, So I gave up. This was the recipe I used:
3/4 cup sugar 
1 egg

1/4 cup vegetable oil 

3/4 cup milk 

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt 

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

However I guessed with most of the measurements and I couldn't find any Nutmeg, so used Cinnamon. It 
also didn't specify what kind of flour, so used whatever was in the cupboard, which happened to be self-raising.

Here is the method:
  • Lay out cake cases in a muffin tray. (We have plastic reusable ones; they're fantastic.)
  • In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in colour. Add vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla to sugar mixute and mix.
  • In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg (or cinnamon). Then pour into liquid mixture and stir to combine.
  • Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
There is also a coating that you can add which is made with:


2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)

1/2 cup superfine sugar (can pulse regular sugar in food processor to make), or powdered sugar.


I was rather proud of my doughnut muffins and they tasted rather yummy if I do say so myself. Everyone else obviously thought so as they were all gone when I returned home that evening.




See the expression, cooking is some seriously business, I did have fun though to be fair. (Although I felt a little fat eating the left over batter, but that's life.) I also got a lovely compliment about my shirt at college, my friend mistaking it for something that would be sold at Urban Outfitters, but no, I inherited from my Granddad's waradrobe , so a piece of clothing I shall always cherish.

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely messages

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe