DIY Corsage Hair Slide

14:09

After all the stress of last week I just wanted to relax and do nothing on Saturday, but after sleeping I got really bored, so decided to make a corsage. 
Generally I can't get away with pretty hair accesories because I look like I'm trying to be too cute. But I thought I'd have a go at making one that hopefully makes me look classy and not cute.

You'll need:
About half a metre of your chosen fabric (this depends on how big you want your corsage to be)
About half of another fabric (a contrasting fabric would look lovely)
A bobby pin/hair grip
Needle and thread
Scissors



For my material I picked the spotty material I made my first dress with and some pretty lace my friend gave me.


1. 
Out of your first material (the material you want the main bulk of your corsage to be made from) cut out about 8 circles, or circle like shapes (you can cut out more if you want it to be bigger). And cut out about 5 circles from your second material.




2. 
With the circles of your first material you have to fold them in half 4 times and then sew the bottle of it. So it creates the illusion of lots of petals (sort of). You do with with all of your circles with both materials.




3.
For the centre bulk I used 3 of the spotty material circles and a lace one as the centre piece. I placed the 4 folded cirlces together and sewed the bottoms together. 

4.
 I then started to sew on the remaining folded circles, making the corsage bigger and more flower like.



5. 
Once you have sewn on all of your circles and it looks as pretty as you want it, turn it over and place your bobby pin in the middle. Cut out a small rectangle from your first material and put it through your bobby pin and sew the material to the corsage.
VOILA! 





I'm really quite impressed with my corsage *happy face*.
Also when I went to see my friend he said I looked very pretty *very happy face* .
(These photos are from minutes before I left, so I obviously actually made an effort with my hair!)

So remember, each day, live a little, laugh a little and love a little. 

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely messages

  1. great diy project, definitely looks more classy than cute.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I just need some more ideas of what other hair styles I can wear it with now.
      xox

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and I promise I will reply to all of them, so remember to check back.
Love you all! ♥
xox
If you leave your link, I'll make sure to pop over. If you don't know how you can find the code here!

Featured post

Pineapple Madness {Inspiration}

Follow my blog with Bloglovin So since the weather is awful, well it's not that bad, but it's not exactly summery is it? I t...

Followers

Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time to read my scribbles and look at my photos. I really appreciate it!

All photos are property of Beth Mac Designs unless otherwise stated or links are provided.

Subscribe